Losing a loved one because of someone else’s negligence is devastating. We understand that your life has been forever altered and that you are grieving. No amount of money can ever replace your loss, but it is important that you hold those responsible accountable. Unfortunately, time is not on your side. In addition to the emotional turmoil you must be feeling, the loss of your loved one has probably caused a financial burden for you and your family. You need an experienced Texas wrongful death lawyer to help you get the compensation you’re owed.
At VB Attorneys, we feel that it is crucial to ensure our clients understand their rights. We have some helpful resources available to enable you to understand how to proceed with a wrongful death case:
- Time Limit for Filing Wrongful Death Claims in Texas
- In the days and weeks after a death in the family, it is normal to be overwhelmed with mourning, final arrangements, and notifying family members. Probably the last thing on your mind is getting an attorney and filing a wrongful death lawsuit against the responsible party. However, as time goes on, it is also typical for surviving family members to have increasing questions.
- Types of claims in wrongful death cases
- Wrongful death cases can be very complicated, and it can be tough to get clear answers about the legal process that follows a wrongful death. In cases involving the death of a person, generally, there are two types of claims: wrongful death claims and survival actions. While both types of claims are sometimes brought in the same lawsuit, they are entirely different legal actions for various reasons.
- Who can file a wrongful death claim
- There are limitations on who is allowed to file a wrongful death lawsuit, and the rules for wrongful death cases can vary both by state and by circumstance. Under the Texas Wrongful Death Act, only certain family members have the right to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit after losing a loved one.
- If my wrongful death lawyer isn’t working to serve my needs, can I fire them?
- The short answer is yes, as long as you have proof that they are not fulfilling their duties. When you hire a lawyer to work on your wrongful death case, you need someone who will guide you through this difficult time. If your lawyer is causing more difficulty, you need to consider your options.
At VB Attorneys, our board-certified wrongful death lawyers value our client’s wellbeing. When we work with you and your family on your wrongful death case, you can trust that we will do everything in our power to get you the care and compensation that you deserve. To learn more about how we have helped wrongful death families, visit our Testimonials page.
At VB Attorneys, our maritime lawyers value our client’s wellbeing. When we work with you on your maritime injury case, you can trust that we will do everything in our power to get you the care and compensation that you deserve. To learn more about how we have helped injured maritime workers, visit our Testimonials page.
We Are Here to Help.
Contact us if you lost a loved one as a result of another party's negligence. Our Board Certified attorneys have helped hundreds of grieving families get the compensation they deserve and may be able to help you, too. Call us now at 877-7247-7800 or fill out a contact form below.