Who you hire as your lawyer may be the most important decision you make in an injury or wrongful death case. It can mean the difference between winning and losing your case.
How do you tell the difference between one law firm and another? How do you go about deciding which lawyer will be the best for your case?
One way to determine whether a law firm is the right fit for you is to look at what they have done for previous clients. By looking at the law firm's track record, you can quickly learn whether it has the experience, expertise, reputation, and resources to win your case.
When Choosing a Lawyer, Experience and Results Matter
Both Brian and Vuk have been recognized nationally as leaders in the field of personal injury trial law and have handled large, high-profile cases—with a proven track record of success. Learn more about our law firm's notable cases by reading below or visiting the Case Results section of our website.
Some of our notable cases include the following:
- Represented half the crew of the Maersk Alabama in a lawsuit against the company following an attack by Somali pirates. We countered a massive Hollywood publicity campaign and told the real story behind the movie Captain Phillips. Read more about the Captain Phillips case.
- Negotiated a multi-million dollar settlement on behalf of 12 workers when the largest crane in the world came crashing down at an industrial plant in Pasadena, Texas.
- Negotiated a $5,000,000.00 settlement for an injured logger in five months. Read about Johnny's case against Ramrod Enterprises.
- We currently represent the five surviving members of a construction worker who drowned during construction of a bridge at the Baylor Football stadium. For updates on this case, visit our Baylor Stadium Death Lawsuit page.
- When a motorcyclist suffered a brain injury following a collision with an 18-wheeler, Brian obtained a $4,500,000.00 settlement; one of the largest settlements in a motorcycle accident case in Harris County history.
- When a well-known graphic artist from Spain was catastrophically injured in a Greyhound bus accident in central Pennsylvania which caused injuries to at least 25 passengers and one death, she looked to Vuk to represent her. Vuk went to work immediately on the case. Learn more about the I-80 Greyhound accident investigation.
- Brian and Vuk were hired by the parents of a two-year old boy who was killed by a trucker under the influence of drugs and in violation of multiple federal safety regulations. Learn more about the settlement obtained from the trucking company in Justin and Sonya's case.
- When the mother of a 9-year old boy was killed in a boating accident, we negotiated a $5,150,000.00 settlement on the child's behalf. Learn more about this boating fatality case.
- We negotiated a substantial settlement on behalf of an assistant driller who worked on a jack-up rig in the Gulf of Mexico. Find out what we did to protect Donnie's future.
- When a 45-year old real estate agent and father of four was killed outside of Houston in an 18-wheeler accident, Vuk obtained a $2,500,000.00 settlement for the surviving family members. Discover how we proved the trucker and trucking company were at fault for the crash.
What Our Clients Say About VB Attorneys
It's important to us to form strong bonds with the clients who hire us to represent them. We know our clients are going through difficult times, and we know that we are better able to represent them in their case when we form strong relationships with them. Maybe that explains why our clients speak so highly of the legal services our Houston law firm provides, and why many of our clients continue to refer friends and family to us months and years after we've won their case.
Why Hiring a Board Certified Injury Lawyer is Important
Some say you should hire a Board Certified injury lawyer. Why? Fewer than two percent of all lawyers in Texas are Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law. According to the State Bar of Texas, Board Certification is "a mark of excellence and a distinguishing accomplishment." It means the lawyer has "demonstrated, and tested, special competence in that area of the law." This designation "sets [Board Certified attorneys] apart as being an attorney with the highest public commitment to excellence in their area of the law."
In addition to Board Certification, VB Attorneys holds the highest possible A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.
Brian and Vuk are also both rated 10/10 by Avvo, an independent lawyer rating agency.
Brian has been selected as a Texas "Super Lawyer" Rising Star for five consecutive years and Vuk has been honored twice for having one of the largest verdicts in Texas in his practice area.
How VB Attorneys Can Help You Now
If you would like to speak with Brian or Vuk about your situation, please call toll free at 877.724.7800. Our lawyers would be happy to speak with you confidentially about your situation, answer all of your questions for free, and provide you with a complete case analysis.
Kinds of Cases We Accept
VB Attorneys accepts personal injury and wrongful death cases on a nationwide basis. Whether you were hurt on land or at sea, we can help. We have represented people in a wide variety of cases, including the following:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents
- Injuries at sea on offshore oil rigs, boats, ships, and all manner of sea-going vessels
- Wrongful death cases
- Serious personal injury cases
- Brain and head injuries
- Burn and electrocution injury cases
- Back and neck injury cases
- Railroad accident cases
- Injuries caused by defective products or dangerous drugs
Common Questions About VB Attorneys and the Lawsuit Process
- How much does it cost to hire VB Attorneys?
- How much is your case worth?
- How long will your case take?
- How do you hire the best attorney for your case?
- Do you accept cases on a nationwide basis?
- Will you handle my case personally?
- How will you pay your bills while your case is ongoing?
You can click on the links above to get answers to these questions, or call us directly at 877.724.7800 to speak to a Board Certified Lawyer about your situation.