If you have been injured in an accident due to negligence, you probably have a lot of questions. You are probably under a considerable amount of stress as well. You aren't sure what you should do next. You may be worried about making a mistake that will hurt your legal rights or your future. You may be unsure about pursuing legal action. If you are considering legal action, then you may be wondering how you can find the best lawyer for your case.
At VB Attorneys, we help people just like you, every single day. We help people from all walks of life who have been injured by the negligence of individuals, corporations, or insurance companies. We have taken on the largest insurance companies and corporations in the world and won again and again.
Hiring a Law Firm After a Serious Injury is an Important and Personal Decision
Selecting the best law firm for your case is a decision that should not be taken lightly. Choose the wrong lawyer, and you could be losing your case from the very beginning. Choose the right lawyer, however, and you can be confident that you've dramatically increased your chances of winning your legal case and protecting your rights, your future, and your family.
When selecting a lawyer and law firm to represent you, there are a lot of factors you need to consider. Some of these factors include the following:
- Do you trust your lawyer to put your interests first?
- Does your lawyer have the necessary expertise, reputation, and experience in cases like yours?
- Will your lawyer return calls and emails promptly?
- Does your lawyer have an established track record winning cases like yours?
- What do other clients say about the law firm you are considering?
Before selecting a law firm for your case, you need to make sure that all of your questions are answered. You should feel comfortable with your lawyer from the very beginning. If you don't feel comfortable, then you can be almost certain that you've chosen the wrong law firm for your case.
Hiring a Specialist Will Help You Win Your Case
When you hire a lawyer who is board certfied, then the insurance company and its lawyers and adjusters know instantly that your lawyer has shown the experience, expertise, and results necessary to be considered an expert, and they will take that into account when deciding how much to pay you in settlement. If your lawyer isn't board certified, or doesn't have an established reputation, then you have no guarantees at all that your lawyer has the necessary expertise to get you the best possible settlement. The insurance companies may decide to delay your case or offer you less in settlement. In fact, if you hire an inexperienced lawyer for your case, there is a very good chance that your settlement offer will be lower and your case will take longer than it should.
Insurance companies and their lawyers and adjusters know that they cannot play games with expert personal injury lawyers.
We are Specialists in Personal Injury Cases
The founding partners of VB Attorneys, Vuk Vujasinovic and Brian Beckcom, are both Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Curtis Bickers, also a partner at the firm, is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law as well.
Why is Board Certification important for you? When a lawyer is Board Certified, that means that an independent regulatory agency has determined that the lawyer is a specialist or expert in that field of law. Becoming Board Certified is difficult. The lawyer must pass a rigorous written test, demonstrate success in Court proceedings, and get reference letters from lawyers and judges. Unlike other lawyer ratings systems where you simply write a check. You have to earn it. Maybe that's why only 2% of all lawyers in Texas are board certified.
When you hire a board certified lawyer, you are guaranteed to get a lawyer who has experience, respect, and knowledge in the law.
We are Nationally Recognized as Leaders in Personal Injury Trial Law
VB Attorneys and its founding partners have been recognized nationally as leaders in the field of personal injury trial law. We have won large, high-profile cases against billion-dollar insurance companies and corporations.
Some of our notable cases include the following:
- When the Maersk Alabama was hijacked by Somali pirates because the company and Captain ignored safety warnings, the crew members hired us to protect their legal rights. We countered a massive Hollywood publicity campaign, told the true story of the hijacking, and convinced the shipper to pay settlements to each of our clients. Read more about the Captain Phillips case.
- When the largest crane in the world came crashing down, 8 workers hired us to protect their legal rights. We negotiated a multi-million dollar settlement on behalf of all 8 workers.
- When a logger was hurt at work, he hired us to sue his employer. Less than six months later, we negotiated a $5,000,000.00 settlement for him. Read about Johnny's five million dollar settlement.
- When a father and husband died during construction of the Baylor football stadium, the surviving family members hired us to represent their interests. Learn more about this case by visiting our Baylor Stadium lawsuit page.
- Brian convinced an 18-wheeler company's insurance company to pay an injured motorcycle rider $4,500,000.00, one of the largest settlements in a motorcycle accident case in Harris County history.
- A well-known graphic artist from Spain hired Vuk when she was catastrophically injured in a Greyhound bus accident in central Pennsylvania which caused injuries to at least 25 passengers and one death. Learn more about the I-80 Greyhound accident investigation.
- Brian and Vuk were hired by the parents of a two-year old boy who was killed by a trucker hauling oilfied equipment. Brian and Vuk uncovered evidence that the truck driver was under the influence of drugs and in violation of multiple federal safety regulations. Learn more about the settlement obtained from the trucking company in Justin and Sonya's case.
- Brian was hired by the father of a 9 year-old boy whose mother was killed in a boating accident. Brian obtained a $5,150,000.00 settlement on the child's behalf. Learn more about this case.
- When an assistant driller hurt his back on a jack-up rig in the Gulf of Mexico, we negotiated a substantial seven-figure settlement on his behalf in less than a year. Find out what we did to protect Donnie's future.
- When a 45-year old real estate agent and father of four was killed outside of Houston in an 18-wheeler accident, Vuk obtained a $2,500,000.00 settlement for the surviving family members. Discover how we proved the trucker and trucking company were at fault for the crash.
Why Our Reputation is Important for Your Injury Case
When evaluating how much to pay in settlement, insurance companies evaluate a number of different factors, including who was at fault, the types and severity of any injuries, and the amount of medical bills and other financial losses. The insurance companies also evaluate your law firm and its lawyers. In fact, insurance companies keep large databases of information about legal cases, including information about law firms and lawyers.
When you hire a law firm with a national reputation and track record of success, you get a number of benefits. First of all, you can rest assured that your law firm will have the respect of the insurance company, which will make it much less likely that the insurance company will delay your case or try to trick you into taking an unfair settlement.
Second, because the insurance company knows that it cannot play games with you, you are likely to get a larger settlement offer and to get the offer more quickly than if you hire a lawyer who is unknown to the insurance company or who hasn't won high-profile cases.
When you hire VB Attorneys, you can be 100% certain that you will get the benefit of our national reputation, expertise, and track record. We will not let the insurance company delay your case or low-ball you in settlement negotiations.
Cases We Accept
VB Attorneys accepts personal injury and wrongful death cases on a nationwide basis. Each year, we are asked to represent hundreds of people. We do not accept every case that is referred to us. We carefully select the clients and cases we accept so we can focus all our time, effort, and expertise on winning the cases that we do accept.
We think other law firms often accept too many cases, which results in poor client service, overworked attorneys, and unnecessary delays. Your case won't get the time or attention it deserves, and your legal rights may suffer as a result. When you hire our law firm, and when we accept your case, then you know without any doubt that we will give your case the time and attention it deserves.
We help people who are injured on land, in the air, or on sea, and we help people injured across the United States and across the world. We have represented people in a wide variety of cases, including the following:
- Car, truck, bus, bicycle, and motorcycle accidents
- Injuries at sea on offshore oil rigs, boats, ships, and all manner of sea-going vessels
- Wrongful death cases
- Serious personal injury cases
- Railroad accident cases
- Injuries caused by defective products or dangerous drugs
- Disputes with insurance companies, adjusters, and insurance claims
How to Get Started with VB Attorneys
The first step in hiring VB Attorneys for your case is to call and schedule a free, confidential consultation. You can call our toll free number at 877.724.7800. You can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
During the initial call, we will collect basic information from you, and if we believe that we can help you, then we will immediately schedule a free, confidential consultation with one of our award-winning attorneys. Assuming your case fits our guidelines, in less than 24 hours, you will speak to an attorney who will answer every single question you have, free of charge, and give you advice and input on what you should do next, what traps to avoid, and how to position your legal case for the best possible result.
Then, armed with answers to your questions and advice about what to do next, you decide your next course of action. Whether that is trying to settle the case on your own, letting us help you in the process, or hiring us to immediately pursue a legal case, the decision will be yours, and you will know that you are making your decision based on trustworthy information.
Common Questions About VB Attorneys and the Lawsuit Process
We get a lot of the same questions from curious clients. Below are some of the more common questions we get. Simply click on the link below to get answers to these questions. You can also use our website to find answers to hundreds of other questions. Just click on the link at the top of this page that says "Helpful Info" and you can read articles, search for answers to questions about the legal process, and even watch helpful videos to further educate you on the legal process. You can also review our case results and hear what our clients think about VB Attorneys by clicking on the "Case Results" section and the "Client Testimonials" section.
- How much does it cost to hire VB Attorneys?
- How much is your case worth?
- How long will your case take?
- How do you hire the best attorney for your case?
- Do you accept cases on a nationwide basis?
- Will you handle my case personally?
- How will you pay your bills while your case is ongoing?
Ready to Get Started? Call Now - 877-724-7800
Call us now to set-up a free, confidental consultation. During the consultation, we will answer every single question you have, give you advice based on our winning hundreds and hundreds of cases, and give you an idea of what to expect.
We look forward to hearing from you.