How We’re Different From Other Law Firms
When you become a client of our firm, you are not just a “case” or a “number,” you’re a human being who is looking for help during challenging times. We have designed our law firm so that our entire focus is on helping guide our clients through the legal system to receive the best possible settlement in the shortest amount of time. Here are some of the ways that helps us to focus all our efforts or the clients we represent:
- We are one of the only law firms in the United States where both of the founding partners are Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law ( (Vuk Vujasinovic and Brian Beckcom are Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.) Only two percent of attorneys in Texas are Board Certified. With two skilled Attorneys on your side, you can rest assured that we are experienced in our field of law. Read more about Board Certification and why it’s important here.
- Brian Beckcom has been recognized by Super Lawyers for six consecutive years. He is also rated 10/10 on AVVO (an independent lawyer rating agency), and has published, written, or authored seven books and more than 600 articles on various legal issues.
- Vuk Vujasinovic is rated 10/10 on AVVO and has twice had one of the highest verdicts in his speciality field of law. Vuk regularly gets called on by the media for his expertise and thoughts on high-profile legal matters.
- Our law firm has the financial resources and expertise to take on the largest corporations and insurance companies in the world; unlike other law firms that don’t have the expertise, reputation, or resources to take on billion dollar corporations and insurance companies. In fact, we have won hundreds of cases against billion dollar corporations and insurance companies. Read about some of our client’s victories.
- Every single client that we represent is provided with the resources, expertise, and experience of a team assigned specifically to their case. This is different from many other law firms, who only assign one attorney or one paralegal to your case. At VB Attorneys, you have an entire team dedicated to winning your case.
Why Our Experience & Reputation Benefits You
Insurance companies and large corporations keep detailed information about the lawyers who file lawsuits against them. One important factor the insurance companies look for when evaluating how much to pay in settlement is the reputation and experience of the lawyers involved. If you hire an inexperienced lawyer, or a lawyer with a reputation of settling cases quickly or for small amounts of money, the insurance company will be more likely to "low ball" you in a settlement. When you hire a law firm like VB Attorneys with an established reputation, the insurance companies and corporations are much less likely to play games and try to "low ball" you.
Another important benefit is that you can rest assured when we accept a case, we believe in the case. Some law firms will accept any case from any client who calls them. This can result in the attorney having too many cases, too much work, and not enough time to keep the clients informed or dedicate sufficient time to each individual case.
At VB Attorneys, we don't accept every case. We get hundreds and hundreds of requests for representation every year. Our belief is that by accepting a smaller number of cases, we have will have more time to devote the clients that we do accept. This ensures that you aren't just a "number" to us--you are a real human being, with real concerns, and you want to make sure you can talk to your lawyer when issues come up.
Not many law firms can say that they have handled high-profile, complex personal injury cases for over a decade. Since the beginning of our firm, VB Attorneys has focused its time and effort on important, significant, and high-profile cases, with a proven, demonstrated track record of success.
Here are just a few notable examples of cases we have won for our clients:
- We were asked to become involved in a case with international ramifications for the entire global shipping industry when we represented half the crew of the Maersk Alabama in a lawsuit against the company following an attack by Somali pirates. We countered a massive Hollywood publicity campaign and told the real story behind the movie Captain Phillips. The cases settled for confidential amounts. Read more about our work on the Captain Phillips case.
- We negotiated a multi-million dollar settlement on behalf of 12 workers. The workers looked to VB attorneys for help when the largest crane in the world came crashing down at an industrial plant in Pasadena, Texas.
- We negotiated a $5,000,000.00 settlement for an injured logger. We obtained the settlement in less than five months. Read about Johnny's case against Ramrod Enterprises.
- When a motorcyclist suffered a brain injury following a collision with an 18-wheeler, Brian obtained a $4,500,000.00 settlement. This is one of the largest settlements in a motorcycle accident case in Harris County history.
- When a well-known graphic artist from Spain was catastrophically injured in a Greyhound bus accident in central Pennsylvania which killed one passenger and injured at least 25 other passengers, she looked to Vuk to represent her. Vuk went to work immediately on the case. Learn more about the I-80 Greyhound accident investigation.
- Brian and Vuk were hired by the parents of a two-year old boy who was killed by a trucker. Our detailed investigation uncovered facts that proved the truck driver was under the influence of drugs and in violation of multiple federal safety regulations. We also proved that his superiors at the trucking company knew about the safety violations. Learn more about the settlement obtained from the trucking company in Justin and Sonya's case.
- When the mother of a nine-year old boy was killed in a boating accident, we negotiated a $5,150,000.00 settlement on the child's behalf. Learn more about this boating fatality case.
- We negotiated a seven-figure settlement on behalf of an assistant driller who worked on a jack-up rig in the Gulf of Mexico. Find out what we did to protect Donnie's future.
- When a 45-year old real estate agent and father of four was killed outside of Houston in an 18-wheeler accident, Vuk obtained a $2,500,000.00 settlement for the surviving family members. Discover how we proved that the trucker and trucking company were at fault for the crash.
Common Questions About Our Law Firm and the Legal Process
We get a lot of the same questions again and again. Below are answers to some of the most common questions we get:
- How much does it cost to hire VB Attorneys?
- What is your case worth?
- How do you get your medical bills paid?
- Should you give a recorded statement?
You Deserve the Best
There are hundreds and hundreds of attorneys who advertise for personal injury cases—but did you know that attorneys are allowed to advertise for cases that they don’t actually handle? We have seen it time and time again: A client is hurt in a serious accident, hires the wrong attorney, and either loses their legal rights entirely or is forced to accept a settlement significantly less than their case is actually worth.
The client becomes a victim twice. Once as a result of their injuries, and a second time as a result of their attorney not having the experience, expertise, or resources to win their case and get the best settlement possible.
Don’t be a victim twice. Call now toll free at 877.724.7800 to talk to one of our experienced attorneys. The legal consultation is free and completely confidential.
We look forward to hearing from you,
Brian and Vuk