Many tourists and vacationers come to Galveston every year to enjoy the enjoyable attractions the city has to offer. Unfortunately, some of these visitors end up with medical and car repair bills instead of pleasant memories when unexpected car accidents cause serious injuries and property damage. If you have been injured in an accident while on vacation in Galveston, here’s what you need to know.
What to Do If You Are Visiting Galveston and Experience a Car Accident
Although it’s normal to feel panicked, confused, and in shock after an accident, the steps you take now could make a significant difference in the long term. If you are involved in an accident, you should:
- Call 911 immediately. Don’t wait to get medical treatment for your injuries. Even if you feel okay and don’t have any obvious injuries, it’s worth playing it safe and getting checked out by a doctor as soon as possible.
- File a police report. Make sure you file a police report and arrange to get a copy. This will be an extremely important document when you later file insurance claims and seek compensation for your injuries.
- Contact your insurance company. Report the accident to your insurance company. They will be able to explain your coverage when you are out of your home state.
- Collect names, numbers, photos, and other evidence. Crucial evidence disappears quickly, so make sure you get photographs of the area and the damage and write down the other driver’s information, witness contact information, and anything you remember about what happened before, during, and after the accident.
- Talk to an experienced Texas car accident attorney. An experienced attorney in the state where you were injured can explain your rights, answer your questions, and help you gather the evidence you will need for your accident injury claim.
Real Help and Clear Answers Are Only a Phone Call Away
If you have been hurt in an out-of-state accident in Galveston, we understand the panic, confusion, and fear that can follow. That’s why our experienced Texas accident attorneys offer a completely free, confidential, and no-obligation legal consultation for accident victims. To learn more and get answers to your questions, simply reach out to us today at 877-724-7800.