If you have lost a limb in a Texas accident, you know that it is one of the most devastating injuries a person can suffer. A victim is forced to suffer excruciating pain, the anxiety and long recovery of a complex surgical procedure—and after it all, he has to cope with the loss of a part of his body that he will never be able to get back.
There are many ways a person could suffer the loss of a limb, including:
- Truck accidents. An Atlas Van Lines truck wreck can cause devastating injuries, especially if a victim’s foot or leg becomes caught in the wreckage.
- Crushing injuries. A dropped beam on a construction site, heavy machinery rolling over a foot or even a leg becoming wedged among heavy boxes at work can cause an injury that requires amputation.
- Defective products. It’s not uncommon for product malfunction to result in a severe burn or laceration that requires the loss of a limb to save the victim’s life.
- Drunk drivers. Since drunk driving accidents often happen at higher impact, it is more likely that a victim will become trapped inside the vehicle.
- Medical negligence. In some cases, a victim may need emergency amputation as a result of a doctor’s mistake or an improper drug dosage.
No matter what the cause of your injury, the fallout will be the same: a loss of mobility, an inability to return to work, and a considerable increase in medical costs—not to mention the significant physical and emotional suffering you and your family will go through.
At VB Attorneys, we don’t believe that victims should be forced to cope with the financial difficulties of an injury that they had no control over—and that they will suffer for the rest of their lives. While we cannot change the past, we can help you plan your future, getting you the compensation you need to live your life to the fullest. Call (877) 724-7800 today for a FREE, one-on-one consultation with an experienced Texas injury attorney, or fill out the form on this page and we will contact you.
Want to know what to expect from your injury case? Click the link above for a FREE copy of our consumer report, The Insider’s Guide to Winning Your Texas Truck Accident Case.