I was hit by an out-of-town driver in Freeport and broke my wrist in the accident. Will I need an attorney to get payment for the emergency room bills?

Although it may be possible to pursue your car accident claim and get some form of compensation without an attorney, you are likely to see a better outcome, easier claims process, and better protection of your rights if you work with an attorney who has experience helping car accident victims. Out-of-town drivers—whether from the other side of the state or the other side of the country—can pose problems for car accident victims, and even straight-forward injury accidents with negligent drivers can become complicated when the other driver is from an area far from where the accident occurred.

While you might not strictly need an attorney, the legal guidance can be especially beneficial because:

  • An attorney can advise you of any complications related to out-of-state drivers that may apply in your case. Most of the time insurance policies cover drivers no matter where the accident occurs, and there may be additional complications for accidents that occur in other states.
  • Any accident with an injury is worth running by an attorney. A broken wrist can be expensive, and it could have lasting complications. An experienced attorney can evaluate the true worth of your claim and help to make sure that your treatment and wellbeing is taken care of both now and in the future
  • An attorney can help you identify, collect, and preserve evidence and witness information. Especially if the other driver is a vacationer or traveler from out of state, you will need to act fast to gather the information you need for a successful claim.

Have serious questions that need serious answers? Check out our YouTube channel for more answers to common questions, or reach out to our experienced legal team today at 877-724-7800.

Vuk Stevan Vujasinovic
Experienced Injury Lawyer. First Generation American. Life-Long Texan. Husband. Father.