I live in the Midwest and was injured in a car accident while on vacation in Texas. What should I do?

If you have been injured in a car accident on vacation in Texas, the claims process that follows could be complicated. To help you avoid difficulty in pursuing compensation for your accident, start taking action immediately with these three steps:

  • Take care of yourself first. If you have been injured, don’t wait to go to the emergency room or see a doctor. Even if your injuries seem minor, visiting a medical professional creates a record of your injuries and ensures that you get the medical care you need in order to recover fully. Don’t forget to also follow up with your doctor at home.
  • Speak to your insurance company. Your car insurance probably covers you no matter where you are in the U.S., but you should make sure you understand your coverage. It’s important to report any accidents to your own insurance company and get a clear idea of your coverage under the circumstances. However, keep in mind that it’s in your best interest to speak to a skilled Texas accident attorney before making contact with the other driver’s insurance company.
  • Contact an experienced attorney in the state where you were injured. An knowledgeable attorney with experience helping out-of-state car accident victims can walk you through each step of the process by explaining and protecting your rights, helping you gather the evidence you may need in the future, and being immediately available to answer your questions in language you understand.

Ultimately, out-of-state car accidents can be complicated, and you shouldn’t wait too long to start getting help—even if you aren’t sure if you want pursue a claim against the other driver’s insurance company. For a FREE, confidential consultation with a skilled Texas car accident attorney, reach out to us today at 877-724-7800, or simply fill out the convenient online contact form on this page.

Vuk Stevan Vujasinovic
Experienced Injury Lawyer. First Generation American. Life-Long Texan. Husband. Father.