This is great question, and it’s definitely a question we wish more car accident victims would ask. While we understand that you need time to recover from the shock of a serious accident, there are a lot of tricks, traps, pitfalls, and mistakes that victims fall into in the immediate aftermath of an accident—and many victims end up accidentally giving up their rights or jeopardizing their claims before they’ve even made a decision about how to proceed.
You can come in to meet with a Houston car accident attorney today for a completely free, no-obligation, and no-pressure case evaluation, which will immediately answer many of your most pressing questions. However, if you’re just not ready to reach out yet, here are some critical tips for protecting your rights in the meantime:
- Don’t sign anything you don’t understand.
- Seek medical attention for your injuries.
- Don’t give a recorded statement.
- Be mindful of what you say to the insurance company.
- Hold on to documents, photos, billing statements, and other evidence.
- Don’t wait until it’s too late—time limits do apply.
For more details about protecting your rights after you’ve been injured, you can order a FREE copy of our book, The Truth About Texas Car, Truck, and Motorcycle Accident Cases. And, for immediate help with your concerns, reach out to our Houston accident attorneys today at 877-724-7800, or simply fill out the convenient online contact form on this page with your questions.