Although many workers are aware of their rights to workers’ compensation after a Houston work injury, it’s probably safe to say that most workers are under-informed about their rights to a potential third-party claim. If you have been hurt at work, you may have the right to pursue a claim against a third party if:
- Your injury was caused by someone other than your employer. If another employee, contractor, company, or other entity caused your injury, then you may be able to seek compensation by pursuing a claim against a party other than your employer.
- Your injury was caused by a malfunctioning piece of equipment. If an equipment defect was responsible for causing your work injury, you may be able to pursue a separate claim against the manufacturer of that equipment.
- Your injury was caused by contact with a toxic substance. Similar to defective equipment claims, a worker who is injured by toxic substances used in the workplace may have the right to pursue a claim against the manufacturer.
- Your injury was caused by hazardous work conditions. If you sustained an injury due to hazardous or unsafe working conditions, you may have a claim against the state.
- You sustained a work-related injury in a motor vehicle accident. In some situations, you may be able to pursue a personal injury claim against the other driver or drivers who caused your injury at work.
There are many situations in which an injured worker may have a third-party work injury claim, and an experienced, board certified attorney will review your case for you, walk you through all of your options, and explain what will happen if you pursue a third party claim. Get your FREE and confidential case review today. Call us at 877-724-7800 or simply fill out the online contact form on this page.