When you are planning a vacation to Texas, you probably don’t think to plan for the worst. But it happens every year—many drivers and passengers are tragically injured in car accidents while on vacation in Texas, and many feel as though they’re left with nowhere to turn. This is why it is so important to plan ahead.
Planning for the Worst Before You Are Hurt in an Accident on Vacation
As you start planning for your vacation to our great state, don’t forget to have a plan if something goes wrong on the road. Here are a few things to find out before you leave:
- Know how your insurance coverage works when you’re out of state.
- If you’re taking other vehicles, such as a boat or motorcycle, obtain and understand insurance coverage for that vehicle or craft.
- Make an effort to understand and follow traffic laws—no matter where you are.
You’re Not on Vacation When You’re Behind the Wheel
Keep in mind, too, that being on vacation doesn’t mean you can ignore the rules of the road. Even when your mind is in vacation mode, you should always follow safe driving practices, including:
- Never drink and drive.
- Avoid driver distractions.
- Follow posted signs and speed limits.
If you have been hurt in a car accident on vacation in Texas, our experienced and skilled Texas car accident attorneys are here to answers your questions and help you make sense of what has happened. To learn more in a free and confidential consultation, reach out to us today at 877-724-7800.