- On Friday, 51-year-old Houston resident Guy Dale Stratton may have failed to stop at a stop sign before striking the broad side of a school bus. The man, who was not wearing a motorcycle helmet, is in critical but stable condition.
- Later that evening, a 34-year-old man and a 27-year-old woman were riding a Harley-Davidson on I-45 in Galveston when the driver struck a curb and crashed the bike. Witnesses said the bike was speeding and that the riders were not wearing helmets. Both were pronounced dead at the scene of the accident.
- On Saturday, 19-year-old Mathew Taylor crashed his motorcycle into a pickup truck at the intersection of 51st Street and Harborside Drive. Taylor was killed in the bike crash, in which speed may have been a factor.
- On Sunday, a 44-year-old female rider from Rosharon suffered a traumatic brain injury when her motorcycle collided with another motorcycle on Seawall Boulevard.
- Later that evening, 57-year-old Michael Brett suffered a head injury on FM 3005. According to reports, the man was traveling at a very high rate of speed and attempting to change lanes when he struck the rear of a pickup truck.
While the vast majority of motorcycle riders attending the Lone Star Bike Rally had a safe and fun weekend, we cannot stress enough how important it is for everyone on the road to be aware, be safe, and follow the rules of the road during these large events.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a Texas motorcycle accident, call our Houston personal injury attorneys today.