Things can get complicated after a work injury. To educate yourself before you do something that may hurt your claim, read the answers to these questions you are probably asking yourself right now:
- How do I win my work injury claim?
- Workers comp is keeping me from seeing doctors. Am I out of luck? No, read about our Client Medical Assistance Program.
- Is there a solution for my financial problems since my work accident? Yes, apply through our Client Financial Help Program.
- What do I do if my boss is pushing me back to work but I don't feel ready?
- Do I have to give the company a recorded statement? Only if you want to ruin your claim.
- What role does workers compensation play in my work injury case?
- What is a "third party" case, and do I have one?
- My employer says there is no workers compensation. Can I still recover for my injuries? Yes, learn about nonsuscriber claims here.
- Will it hurt my case if I go back to work?
- How do I find the best work accident attorney for my case?
- What kinds of Texas work injury cases do Vujasinovic & Beckcom take?
- Injured offshore? Our experienced maritime accident attorneys handle all types of offshore injury cases throughout Texas and the Gulf Coast Region.
Confused After A Work Injury?
After a serious work injury or fatality involving a family member, you have a lot of decisions to make. The problem is, company representatives and claims adjusters keep bombarding you with forms, questions, and more forms. And it seems like they are multiplying: one for workers compensation, one for a liability insurance company, one for your employer, one for a third party. Can't these people get together and streamline this process better? And none of them seem concerned with how you are going to see doctors for your work injuries. They seem more concerned about when you are going to return to work, which is the farthest thing from your mind right now. When you ask them questions, you always get the same answer: "it's procedure." You begin to wonder whether this "procedure" is designed to help you or to hurt you.
How Do You Win Your Work Accident Claim?
Keep in mind, in order to win a work injury lawsuit, you and your lawyer must prove that the company that hurt you was "negligent." Basically, this means the company did not act as a careful company would have acted in a similar situation, which caused you to get hurt. If you are able to show this, then you will be entitled to money damages. Available damages include medical bills, wage losses, physical impairment, and pain and suffering.