Dangerous Drugs & Devices
Starting a family is supposed to be a joyous occasion. It’s also one of the scariest, especially for first time parents. We immediately check for 10 tiny fingers, 10 little toes and wait for that first cry. It’s a feeling that people who aren’t parents can’t possibly understand.
So, what happens if your son or daughter was born with a birth defect?
There was a time when doctors were prescribing anti-depressants to soon-to-be mothers. Since 1997, drugs like Paxil and Prozac were marketed to doctors as anti-depressants with few side effects on un-born children of pregnant women. We now know that these drugs can cause severe birth defects in children born to women who took them while they were pregnant.
What can you do? First, you need to understand this: It’s not your fault. It’s the single thing I hear from mothers over and over again. It’s a feeling that is hard to avoid, but I am here to tell you again, it’s not your fault. The manufacturer of any medication has a legal responsibility to educate the healthcare professionals they are marketing to (your doctors) of the risks associated with them, all of the risks. They have a legal duty to label their products truthfully and completely.
You and your child are facing a lifetime of challenges ranging from emotional distress to what seems to be an ever-growing mountain of medical expenses.
You have legal rights. Fighting for them will not be easy. You are facing some of the biggest companies in the world who have entire legal teams with what seems like hundreds of lawyers and insurance adjusters on their side. The fight is complicated and arduous. You need to do whatever it takes to build a team that will fight this battle for you. You need an attorney that is experienced and more importantly has a proven track record of winning cases like yours.
The Board Certified attorneys at VB Attorneys are ready to fight for you and your family. We have years of experience with cases just like yours, stretching across the entire nation.
We will review your case at no cost to you. If you choose to hire us, we will work on a “contingency fee” basis, meaning you will pay nothing until we settle your case.
You can’t afford to wait any longer. Contact us today by clicking here, or by calling 877.724.7800.
Blog for Dangerous Drugs & Devices
- Texas Defective Products Attorney | Suing US & Foreign Companies For Your Defective Product Injury
Description: Texas defective product attorney explains that if you bought a foreign-manufactured product from a US company, you might be able to sue the US company as well.
- Why You CAN Sue a Non-US Manufacturer for Your Defective Product Injury
Description: After you've been injured by a defective product, you find out the manufacturer isn't in the US. Can you still sue them? Tx defective product attorney discusses
- Beef Products Inc. Joins USDA In Decreasing "Pink Slime" In America
Description: "Pink Slime" is used in nearly ever school cafeteria in America and is poisonous. USDA has stood by it for twenty years until now.
- FDA Approves A New Breast Implant
Description: After 3 years of clinical studies, the FDA approved a new breast implant manufactured by Sientra. Will this implant prove to be defective, like all the rest?
- What Types of Burn Injuries Can Defective Products in Pasadena Cause?
Description: Did a defective product cause your serious burn in Pasadena? Our Texas product liability attorneys explain what you can expect—and what you should do.
- Tassimo Coffee And Expresso Maker Recalled
Description: The Tassimo Coffee Maker & espresso T-disc are reported dangerous and are recalled. They have been reported to spray burning liquid on consumers.
- Diet Pill Qnexa Pending Approval From FDA, But Is It Safe?
Description: Diet pill Qnexa could be approved next week by the FDA, but is it safe? It shows great results, but also shows dangerous side effects that can endanger patients
- Transel Elevator Inc. Is Under Investigation After Death Of New York Ad Executive
Description: Following the death of Suzane Hart, Transel Elevator Inc. is under investigation regarding its maintenance. Its been unveiled that they have multiple cases.
- Columbia Will Remove Defective PIP Breast Implant For Free
Description: Columbia say they will the defective Poly Implant Prothese free of charge for women who have had problems. PIP was banned around the world back in 2010.
- Nautilus Recalls 10,000 Schwinn 460 Ellipticals
Description: Nautilus, Inc. recalled 10,000 Schwinn 460 Ellipticals due to foot plates detaching while in use, risking the consumer's safety.
- Honda Motor Has Highest Recall Ever This Year
Description: Honda had the highest recall in its history this year of over 3.2 million vehicles. Most of them are for air bag problems, which has injured many and killed one
- Kotex Tampons Recall 1,400 Cartons For Infectious Bacteria
Description: Kimberly-Clark recalls 1,400 cartons of Kotex Tampons due to an infectious bacteria found in the plastic tubing, which can lead to dangerous diseases.
- Subaru Issues Second Recall in Two Months For 2011 Outback and Legacy
Description: Subaru recalls the 2011 Outback and Legacy models for the second time in two months due to Windshield wiper and Sunroof defects
- Defective Throttle Blamed in Fatal Corpus Christi Car Accident Lawsuit
Description: Vehicle manufacturer Chrysler is facing a defective and dangerous product lawsuit after a Dodge Durango accelerated suddenly and crashed in Texas.
- GM Issues Another Recall for Chevrolet Vehicles for Constant Tire Issues
Description: GM recalls Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain for Tire Pressure Problems. They also were sued for the Chevrolet Impala Tire Problems.
- Defect in Brake System Causes Harley-Davidson Recall For 308,000 Motorcycles
Description: Harley-Davidson issues recall on 308,000 motorcycles due to brake defects that may cause overheating from exhaust system and light failure leading to accidents
- Texas Wrongful Death Lawsuit Blames Grill Manufacturer For Fatal Burns
Description: Texas Parents are suing a grill maker for wrongful death after their son suffered a fatal burn injury while flipping burgers at a family cookout outside Dallas
- Texas Woman Sues After Defective Space Heater Allegedly Causes House Fire
Description: A Texas woman has filed a product liability lawsuit against the maker of a space heater company after she claims a heater caused a fire to destroy her house.
- After Suffering Stroke, Texas Man Files Lawsuit Against Four Loko
Description: The manufacturer of alcoholic beverage Four Loko is facing another lawsuit after a Texas man alleged that he suffered a stroke after drinking the substance.
- Texas injury attorneys: new harmful product consumer database to debut
Library for Dangerous Drugs & Devices:
- What it Means to Hire a Board Certified Attorney to Handle Your Transvaginal Mesh Injury
Description: What does it mean to hire a board certified attorney, and how can it impact your case? Find out in this insightful article.
- Don’t Delay! Call a Transvaginal Mesh Attorney Now
Description: Waiting to contact a transvaginal mesh injury attorney may hurt your case. Read more here to find out why.
- Transvaginal Mesh Attorneys Discuss Informed Consent
Description: The Houston injury attorneys at Vujasinovic & Beckcom P.L.L.C. discuss what a pelvic organ prolapse doctor should tell patients.
- Transvaginal Mesh Attorneys Discuss Loss of Consortium Claims
Description: The Houston personal injury attorneys at Vujasinovic & Beckcom P.L.L.C. represent women in transvaginal mesh cases. They may be able to help husbands, too.
- Stay Safe from Carbon Monoxide When Using a Portable Generator in Houston
Description: If you own a portable generator, it is important to follow these safety tips from Houston attorneys to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Does Your Attorney Have What It Takes to Win a Texas Product Liability Case?
Description: Did a malfunctioning product cause you to lose your vision? Our Bellville product liability attorneys can tell you what to expect in your case.
- Defective Products Can Cause Serious Burn Injuries in Pasadena
Description: Were you injured by a defective product in Pasadena? Learn how a Texas product liability attorney can get you compensation for your serious burn.
- Two Texans Dead In Listeria Outbreak: What You Need To Know About Tainted Cantaloupes
Description: Fourteen people in Texas have either become ill or died after consuming tainted cantaloupe containing the dangerous and rare bacteria listeria.
- Information has recently surfaced that the "Screamer Siren" bird repellant pyrotechnics product supplied by "Reed-Joseph" is defective and could cause serious burn injuries.
Description: Please be careful if you have purchased or plan on using the "Screamer Siren" bird repellant pyrotechnics product. Please contact our Houston, Texas law firm at (877) 724-7800 for more important safety-related information.
- Texas Defective Product Lawyer: How do dangerous or defective products make it into consumer’s hands?
Description: Were you hurt by a product that was made wrong, badly designed, or did not come with adequate instructions or warnings? You may have recourse thanks to product liability laws that are in place to protect consumers just like you. Our Houston based product liability lawyers can help you hold the right people responsible and recover the compensation you deserve.
- Houston Personal Injury Attorney Discusses Recent Salmonella Outbreak
Description: The salmonella outbreak regarding contaminated eggs has caused great concern among the residents of Texas. Read this article to learn more information on this massive egg recall, explained by Houston personal injury lawyer.
- Texas Defective Tire Lawyer Explains Tread Separation
Description: Tread separation is the leading type of product failure for steel belt radial tires, the most common type of tire used in Texas and across the U.S. When tread separation happens – often because of a product design or manufacturing deficiency – accidents can happen that lead to injury and death.
- Is The All-American Amusement Park Safe?
Description: Article by Texas attorney on the dangers of Amusement Parks.
- Board Certified Texas Attorney Explains Dangerous Tire Claims
Description: Texas Attorney & Lawyer Discuss Details of the Firestone Tire Recall and Handling Tire Accident Cases
- Some information about Avandia
Description: Link to Wikipedia page on Avandia.
- The Hidden Dangers of Poorly Constructed Cribs
Description: Munire Furniture, Inc. recently recalled 24,000 cribs due to a faulty railing. This latest recall highlights the dangers of unsafe children’s products and highlights the importance of proper crib safety and preventive maintenance. However, even the best prevention cannot protect infants from dangerous products.
- Why Airplanes Crash Despite All Our Technology
Description: Why do airplanes crash or collide despite all of the software and computer technology available to us today?
Frequent Questions for Dangerous Drugs & Devices:
- I am experiencing problems related to a surgery I had involving a transvaginal mesh product. I am trying to learn more about my chances of recovery by doing online research, but the articles I read sound confusing. Is every woman’s experience different?
- I’m experiencing some complications caused by transvaginal mesh, but I don’t want to see a doctor. Will delaying medical treatment harm my case?
- I’d like to speak with an attorney about my transvaginal mesh injuries, but I feel very uncomfortable talking about this personal subject. How can I overcome my hesitation?
- Why would I file a lawsuit for a transvaginal mesh injury? Things like that “just happen.”
- What are the hazards of using a portable generator?
- Is a defective product to blame for my Texas burn injury?
- What Should I Do Immediately After A Defective Product Injury?
- How Can I Tell If My Car Accident Or Injuries Were Caused By A Defective Auto Part?
- What Should I Do If A Product I Own Has Been Recalled?
- If I was hurt by a dangerous or defective product, what compensation can I get?