You’re probably reading this because you have suffered a work-related accident, and are looking for answers about your injury. We live in an age where the internet can answer many of our questions—and after you’ve been hurt, you want as much information as possible.
Unfortunately, there’s no way to know exactly when you will be fully recovered. Even if you and a friend had the exact same injury, you won’t recover at the same time, or even in the same way. Every injury is different, requiring care, rest, and medical treatment to heal.
But your company isn’t going to pay for it, even though you were injured on the clock.
If you think it’s not fair, you’re right—and you’re not alone. Our La Porte work accident attorneys have seen employers try to deny benefits to their workers for on-the-job injuries time and time again, often resulting in a considerable loss of income for the employee as he is forced to take time off to recuperate.
No matter what type of environment you work in, employees are constantly at risk of suffering life-altering injuries, including:
- Bodily injuries, including cuts, abrasions, punctures, bone fractures and bruising
- Neck, spine and back injuries as repeated twisting and lifting puts pressure on the back and other soft tissues of the body
- Heart attacks caused by overexertion or unreasonable strain
- Repetitive lifting injuries, such as torn muscles or strains from turning, pushing or pulling cargo
- Knee injuries, such as patella fractures or a torn meniscus
- Head injuries caused by falling objects or a slip and fall accident at work in La Porte
- Amputation or crushing of a body part due to machinery malfunction
- Occupational diseases, including chronic lung or skin conditions
- Toxic exposure to gas, asbestos or other chemicals
- Repetitive stress injuries from typing, bending, or even sitting on badly-designed office furniture
- Transportation injuries on jobs that require driving or running errands for the company
The experienced Texas injury lawyers atVujasinovic & Beckcom know that every injury needs unique treatment and rehabilitation before the victim can return to a normal life. Unfortunately, employers will often dispute or deny injury claims—even when they are valid—in order to save the company money.
We have experience battling these companies, cutting through the red tape to get the compensation that injured Texas employees deserve. If you were injured on the job in La Porte, call V&B Attorneys today at (877) 724-7800 to get a FREE consultation on your case.
Need more information? We’re happy to help. Just fill out the form on this page and we’ll send you a copy of our report,Top 10 RED FLAGS On Attorney Websites That Tell You Who NOT To Hire, at no cost.