If someone you love was a victim of accidental death in Galena Park, you have our sincerest sympathies. This may be one of the most difficult times of your life, and unfortunately, many people will require your time, effort and signatures before you can begin to move on.
But before you sign anything, you may want to consider the possibility that your loved one’s death may have been prevented. If so, the person at fault can be held responsible for taking your loved one from you, and could also be liable for his end-of-life costs.
Wrongful death lawsuits can be brought against many different entities, including individuals, companies, cities, states, and government agencies. Here are just a few causes of wrongful death cases, and the people who could possibly be held liable for damages:
- Car accidents: the at-fault driver in the accident, the city planner who designed the roadway, the state or local department who failed to warn drivers of the road conditions that caused your accident, the manufacturer of a malfunctioning auto part
- Truck accidents: the trucking company, the company responsible for safe loading of the truck’s cargo, the maintenance company (if the truck is found not to be roadworthy)
- Drunk driving: the drunk driver who caused the accident, the bartender who over-served alcohol to the driver, the owner of the establishment where the alcohol was served
- Industrial accidents / Work accidents: employers, owners of the property where the accident took place, maintenance or safety companies or manufacturers of defective machinery
- Defective products: the designer of the malfunctioning item, the manufacturer of the product, the retailer who sold you the item, any third party who contributed to the events leading to the death
- Medical malpractice: the hospital where the accident took place, the staff member responsible, the company who manufactured the product responsible for the death
Our Galena Park wrongful death attorneys believe that survivors in a wrongful death case should have as few burdens as possible. That’s why we take the time to listen to all of our clients’ concerns in a free initial consultation before offering them their best legal options.
To start your free consultation with a board-certified Texas injury attorney, call Vujasinovic & Beckcom today at (877) 724-7800 or fill out the online contact form at the top of this page.